Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Are you scared to live next to a cemetery ?

I just recently moved to a old house which is right next door to the cemetery...actually my car is right next to a tombstone. I don't have a problem with it at all. I actually think it's pretty cool. I live by with my dog only.

I'd have no problem living next to a cemetery. Last time we were house hunting, we seriously considered one that abutted a cemetery on the back yard, but other aspects of the house didn't work for us.

Most of the time cemeteries are quiet and peaceful, even if someone is visiting a grave. The occasional burial doesn't take long and isn't loud compared to, say, construction nearby.

Check out FindAGrave.com to see if your cemetery is fully photographed. If it's not, you can help out. We do that fairly often.

• Aspen

Hmm. Sounds peaceful. But might be weird grilling out just on the other side of the fence to a funerary burial. 

It wouldn't bother me, mate, 'cos they're all bloody dead, ain't they? 

• Gloria

No, as long as they don't get in my way.

It would b e scary to live by a Muslim one

Not at all! My childhood house was actually by a cemetery (Not as close to my house as in your case, but I could see it from the living room window) and the apartment I moved into overlooks a cemetery. I agree, its pretty cool :D

• Liz

No. Dead people are at peace and rest.

It's not a problem unless you think it's a problem.  Cool site for Halloween, however!

• Audrey

I think it's cool too. And..your neighbors will never throw wild parties or make noise!

Only if they are bad and evil spirits.. Of hell yes.