Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Would you buy a bridesmaid dress before the bride buy her wedding dress? ?

• ?

If the bride has her dress bought first or after the attendants buy theirs,  I see absolutely zero relevance.

If the bride picked my dress before she picked her own, it would make absolutely no difference to me.

So yes, I would.

The bride buying her dress first guarantees absolutely nothing!

Yes probably and I would probably buy a wedding dress b4 her too

I would not because no matter what color scheme and style she thinks she's going for could change if she sees a dress she likes that deviates from that original plan. You could always buy it but make sure it's easy to return and fully refundable. 

I would not no, I wouldn't want to get stuck with a dress if the bride changes her mind.

• Trish

I might  but I'm not like most people.  I would hope she pays if she doesn't go through with the wedding though.

• ?

In the U.S. at least, the bride usually selects the bridesmaid dresses and all the of bridesmaids order their dresses at the same time.  Is that not the case here?

Generally, the bride has nailed down the date, selected a venue, and ordered her own dress before she turns her attention to the bridesmaids' dresses.  Again, if this is not the case in your situation, it is probably too early to order your dress just yet.

As with any issue related to being in the bridal party, you should be in communication with the bride and other attendants.  

unfortunately i've had to. such a stupid waste. 

• drip

In the USA, the bride usually picks out the bridesmaid dresses. So if they bride has picked out the dress, then yes.

If you are e worried if the wedding will take place, see if the bride and groom have booked a venue for the wedding and reception 

• a

Nope. If the bride isn't sure about the wedding - enough to invest in a dress - I'm not spending a cent.

If the bride had agreed....