Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

If you have a bad back or leg issues can you just put Engagement ring in a desert and not get down on one knee I don't believe is the knee ?

I don't believe in getting down on one knee as it's needed you put the ring in a desert and that so mid-evil times 

• T J

Nothing says you must get on your knee, do it standing, sitting, in a dessert is fine too. There are no rules on this.

• ?

You can present the ring in any of a million imaginative ways, without bending your leg or knee in the process. If you put it in a desert, you could hang it on a cactus.But don't let an animal run off with it. If you put it in a dessert (?) , just be sure it isn't eaten!  How about just giving her a beautifully wrapped gift box with the ring in it. Problem solved?

• Trish

Dessert not desert.  I wouldn't tell anyone you're against getting down on one knee.

LOL how unsanitary, especially in these times....

maybe you should straighten yourself out before you want to get married....

• GB

Putting an engagement ring in a dessert is stupid. There's a danger of it being swallowed. 

• drip

Why would you think guys put rings in dessert?    A desert is a place full of sand.  Men did not do that in medieval  times.  Engagement rings really weren’t a thing in medieval times.

If you don’t want to get down on one knee, for any reason, then don’t. It isn’t a set rule you must do. 

But do not put the ring in a dessert.  Propose and have the ring with you.

• You don't have to, you propose how ever you want or how your partner wants. If they know you're not into doing that, they shouldn't expect you to do kneel to propose. My husband didn't kneel down to propose, or do any thing weird like that. He put a ring down in front of me (I was ordering dinner at the time I had to hang up) and asked me to marry him. I was still surprised that he proposed. 

I've seen on TV before, a ring in a glass of Champaign and the ring ended up getting swallowed. Not a practical idea to put a ring in a desert either, the same thing could happen. Those things are for TV and movies, and not too practical for real life. 

I assume you mean dessert (ie a pudding), rather than a desert (ie a large sandy area...)

Neither is required; even a ring is optional. 

• ?

Most people don't get down on one knee. That's only in the movies and on tv.