Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Nathan H asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Why do dogs drink out of the toilet?

Update:

I think if dogs knew what humans used the toilet for, they'd be all that much more glad to drink out of it.

29 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because many owners are stupid enough to leave the toilet lid up for them to be able.

• 1 month ago

Hi dog lover,

No matter what your dog’s problem behavior is…

Be it jumping, peeing inappropriately, aggression, pulling on the leash…or whatever…

There is ONE SOLUTION that can help STOP this problem now

The sad fact is…

Most Dog trainers miss this solution entirely.

They give you cookie cutting training programs.

They use outdated and ‘mean’ dominance techniques.

Or worse yet…

They have no qualifications and are complete phonies.

So what’s the answer to stopping your Dog’s behavior problems?

In 4 simple words…

Discovering your dog’s hidden intelligence.

Let me explain…

In my 10 years as a certified trainer…there’s ONE BIG LESSON I have learned.

More intelligent dogs are better behaved.

A More intelligent dog takes commands easier

…and understands what you need from them.

The good news is…

No matter how clever you think your dog is.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

The simple answer is that the water in the toilet bowl is often fresher and cooler than the water in your dog's water bowl. To us, toilet water is gross and full of germs. ... The constant flushing oxygenates the water, and the porcelain bowl keeps the water cool. Dogs don't understand what humans use the toilet for.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

It is usually fresher than the water in their bowl.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Cause the lid wasn't put down.

(c/p)  Image result for Why do dogs drink out of the toilet?

The simple answer is that the water in the toilet bowl is often fresher and cooler than the water in your dog's water bowl. To us, toilet water is gross and full of germs. ... The constant flushing oxygenates the water, and the porcelain bowl keeps the water cool. Dogs don't understand what humans use the toilet for.May 24, 2017

Why Do Dogs Drink Out of the Toilet? Dog Drinking From Toiletswww.akc.org › ... › Training › Common Behavior Issues

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Me Basset Hound puppy poops in the terlit and me Newfoundland puppy drinks from the terlit. You see, me Newfoundland loves the taste of me Basset Hound puppy's excrement.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It all boils down to the owners. Not having clean fresh water readily available in several places, not leaving the lid down on the toilette, not properly training the dog, easy.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

The simple answer is that the water in the toilet bowl is often fresher and cooler than the water in your dog's water bowl. To us, toilet water is gross and full of germs. ... The constant flushing oxygenates the water, and the porcelain bowl keeps the water cool. Dogs don't understand what humans use the toilet for.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

cause they think theyre only drinking water

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Its just dog like, its what they do, Its mostly clean water, unless you've put some detergent in the cistern / bowl. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.