Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How can you tell the difference in pain in the knee if its arthritis, ligament damage, or tendonitus?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

a combination of history, trauma, physical exam, and imaging. Arthritis is not sudden, ligament damage is usually due to some sort of traumatic motion, tendonitis hurts where there are tendons....

• 1 month ago

It depends on your age and history. I damaged my knees skiing. A doctor can examine it and tell you what it is even without a scan, by moving your knee in different positions so see exactly where it hurts or if it clicks. 

• 2 months ago

You can't without a scan of the knee. You can try a few things- I know people who swear that taking turmeric pills helps their joints, or there are supplements in the drugstore designed to help joints. Sometimes, it's stressed muscles that cause the pain, and you can massage the pressure points- the places that feel really sore- to relieve the pain. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You go to a doctor and get a real diagnosis.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

My arthritic  knee would crunch when I moved it, I could hear it, bone on bone. It ached constantly and gave out when walking down a slope.

A replacement cured all that.

• 2 months ago

Take a high-strength Cod Liver Oil capsule daily to cure knee pain.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.