Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

This comment I made is bothering me but can I redeem myself from it?

This may sound like a first world problem but it’s really playing on my mind. 

Basically my manager was discussing a retired collegue with me, this collegue wanted to return as a volunteer. He told me that he didn’t want the headache (she was quite wild) and said he’d rather have 1 of me or my teammate than 10 of her. 

He said there’s more to volunteering in healthcare theres safety, I interrupted and said ‘yea and accountability’. For some reason He misheard this as me saying ‘I’m a nice person’. He suddenly replied with a bit of a laugh ‘your a nice person yea we all know that rachel ha but it’s about professionalism, accountability’. 

I said ‘no that’s what I said accountability’ he didn’t seem to acknowledge and carried on. 

I’m quite embarrased that he thought I said I was a nice person. It’s just a bit cringe to me. 

Also he sees me as a bit of a people pleaser which just makes it more embarrassing for me. 

But I can’t correct this can I it’s not substantial enough to bring up with him....

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.