Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Bachelorette Party Ideas?

Anyone have an original bachelorette party themes for going out? I keep seeing the same bachelorette night out themes and I want something that everyone doesn't do.

• Trish

A simple dinner and drinks may be a good way to spend the night with your girls.

• drip

Bachelorette parties have gotten out of hand.  They have turned into an entire weekend out of town.

It is suppose to be time for just you and your bridesmaids. So what fits the bride and her bridesmaids?

My daughter and her bridesmaids are dancers.  They booked a private aerial  ribbon class.  My daughter had already taken a course.  They had a riot flying about. Then went out for dinner. Her MOH spent the night with her at her hotel where they stayed up talking. Since they all lived in different states it was great just to have some time together.  

No.  There are no original bachelorette themes as by definition the theme is "bachelorette". 

???

There is NOTHING you can do or plan that will change that the occasion is a bachelorette.

As far as party ideas go....what do you all like to do?   If you want to order pizza and play poker, fine.   If you want to have someone come to do mani-pedi, fine.   If you want to go play paintball...fine. 

No one here knows WTF you all like to do or what pandemic situation is where you are. 

I repeat.  There are NO "original" bachelorette themes.  The theme of EVERY bachelorette party is "I'm getting married". 

Why this requires a party I have no clue.   It seems to be a "catch up" to the incredibly sexist and archaic custom of bachelor party.    Wouldn't it be nice if we could just let this shiiit go by now?

• ?

Bachelorette parties are supposed to be about kicking back and having fun. And that includes the person who is planning it. Anything that turns it into a "job" (like worrying about how original the theme is, or even having a theme at all) can and should be done without.

Have you talked to the others yet about what they can spend and who will be paying the bride's expenses? This is the 1st thing you do. The other thing is get an idea from the bride about what types of things she'd enjoy. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be original, but it would suck if you came up with something nobody could afford or the bride didn't like it.

After that, it could be anything. I've been to a bunch of these that were unusual. One time we went to the TX state fair which was a kick. I've been on 2 that were overnight camping, and one that involved a boat rental. These were super cheap. I've gone to a couple destination ones, and once we glammed up and went to a 5 star restaurant with a revolving bar on top floor. These were not cheap.

Anyway, the point of all this is that if you expect others to chip in, they are part of the decision process. When you get down to a couple, ask the bride which she prefers. These things matter most.

PS - This assumes you aren't the bride.  If you are, sit tight and let others do the planning.