Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

When playing the ouiji board are you more likely communicating with something demonic than ghost or spirit of someone?

generally speaking.

This is why new ouija boards have features borrowed from high tech phones. You can block entities, mark them as spam, or even use my Ouija V-Chip™️ and censor the whole mess. Demons will just move on to the next ouija board looking for easier pickings. In today's ouija world you need the protection of a Ouija V-Chip™️!

It's a made in China toy ...

FYI : one person cheats ...

• Tom

You are communicating with your subconscious MIND.----Via the ideomotor effect.  The subconscious mind (ID) moving the "motor muscles" on your arms and hands.to spell words-----This is as far as we know.

Traditional speculation that we ALL have a "Latent ESP" connected to our subconscious mind suggests we may be able to tap other "entities"--like telepathically, the minds of other people, or various "Spirit entities."  Even if so, the system is still working on the Ideomotor principle.  The board itself, being a simple Letter Indicator used to give the muscle position a meaning,  

Other devices that use the ideomotor principle--mind to hand, include the Chevrul pendulum, that can answer Yes/no/ IDK questions.  Sometimes used by legit Psychologists to probe the subconscious minds of clients.

Divining rods are also an ideomotor device---At least they CAN detect magnetic anomalies that are associated with running water, mineral deposits an even dug and filled up holes.(E.G. Graves)   The rest of the claims, though, are imaginary--inspired by the former apparently "magic" ability.

Finally there is "Table tapping" another ideomotor phenomena where people think they are comminuting with spirits.  They put their hands on a TABLE until the random pressure causes a leg or two to rise then the table tilts.---And then count the knocks as the legs tap on the floor--1 for A, 2 for B, etc.---try it, its FUN.

Which one would you rather contact?  You didn't say, not even generally speaking, and that detail matters.  

Whenever I play Ouija, whether I'm using a real one or an imitation, I always communicate with exactly who I'm trying to reach.  Every time, no exceptions.  Not once has a ghost, spirit, demon, or even a poltergeist shown up without being invited.  And I've had deep meaningful conversations with the spirits of Elvis, John Lennon, Adolf Hitler, Freddie Mercury, the dark lord Satan, Gandhi, Liberace, Mick Mars and Jimi Hendrix.  Yes I know Mick Mars isn't dead yet, but his ghost does that anyway.

That's because I realize that the Ouija board is a toy.  It was invented as a toy, patented as a toy, built by a toy company and sold in toy stores at toy-store prices.  If that doesn't convince you that it's a toy, ask yourself this...

If you had discovered a real magic portal to communicate with the world of the dead, a device that provided unlimited text-time with the spirit realm, would you really let people have it for a one-time payment of fourteen bucks?

yes you are just opening a portal to hell in your house and demons go through with it and they talk to you and mimic the person of the dead you are trying to speak with.

You are communicating with someone sitting next to you. A living breathing human being. 

Look at all the TD's and all from 3 self confessed trolls who freely admit they have had no experience with the paranormal? A strange old world, isn't it? Weird also how they have again reported my answer although nothing wrong with it. DR.NG, Statuette of liberty and Gary K are now deciding what answers the asker may have to their questions. If the trolls are in disagreement, they are not letting others see. How cowardly is that? I could change my comments to something a bit more personal and keep the comment there by force as I have done before. So how do you three want to play it? Are you going to carry on with your report monkey ways? I hope everyone starts to report you, people, for ruining this site for anyone who will not put up with your bullying.

You will seem to contact whatever entity it is that you most strongly believe can answer you. 

Generally speaking. .

• Jim

If you don't know, probably best to not go there.

generally demonic