Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Herve
Herve asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 2 months ago

Would people respect vegans more if they weren't so militant, hysterical and hypocritical?

I respect their views on animals and the meat industry, but don't respect their stupid divisive tactics, bad arguments and moral inconsistency (such as supporting abortion)

• 4 days ago

Some vegans are opposed to abortion, but it's just minimal decency to support it.

Don't much care if you are a Vegan, vegetarian or whatever, up until the point of You trying to inflict Your diet schedule on My eating habits. 

• WOOWHO

respect is defined as ADMIRING people for their achievements abilities and qualities ..... every person consumes a diet   .. i don't find  that and eating  exceptional

Veganism is known among highly respectable priests. They accept people coming to church as children of God. At the same time, those who disrespect church are asked to leave.

Leo Tolstoy had said that "veganism is not a lifestyle style, it is mindset "

Unfortunately, vegans who do not grow spiritually, often end up being very angry, cruel towards others. It's very difficult for them to accept and love people in general for who they are. While their  hearts are crying to save animals, they are also very closed.

I'm not saying, they should all follow Jesus example. Just take these things into consideration. 

You know why all the hate goes on?Because people have nothing to do with their own time but stupidly spend it upon hating other humans,NOT reminding them only in their feeding habits!They just have nothing better to do!And why do I always have better things to do?Do not notice those so called human beings,they aren't worth your precious time!

Veganism has always been around, but like anything, it has made an appearace into the mainstream lately as the new be-all and end-all, and there are those who feel the need to drive it down everyone's throat. But~~ if you think about it, most anything that is new and controvertial will always have a period of time where people are at lagerheads with each other regarding it. Look at the recent American election, and how that divided people. I mean really? Deaths?? Once the smoke settled from that, and the crazies were carted off, most people with common sense will see that their neighbor is still their neighbor, they may have different views, but Christmas cards will still be exchanged and bbqs will still be held in the back yard in summer. Having said that, the militant vegans need to be carted off. I mean, really~ I am very close to being a vegan, there are some foods that I won't give up because I love them too much, but at least no animal dies now because of me. Keep in mind that I do understand that even eating dairy still maintains factory farms where animals are not kept in humane conditions, I understand that, but I am working on finding substitutes for the few things I still eat with dairy in them, and then I will be vegan. I will never be on a soap box telling you or anyone else you are murderers, I will never drive my lifestyle down your throat, if you ask me why I chose this, I will tell you, but you are the one that has to make up your mind regarding your life choices, not me, and me hammering at you like a crazed maniac is never going to prove anything to you, other than I am a complete vegan militant idiot. I can only take care of my little corner of the earth, and hope that I am doing the best I can, and that is all I expect from anyone else. You make your choices, no matter what they are, and you live with them BECAUSE they are yours. 

• kswck2

You seem to assume that all vegans are the same! If some are stupid and divisive, and have "bad arguments", you might at least explain. Without examples, even, you do not convince!

Eating meat and abortion are not related - and not everyone shares the same opinion on it anyway - what ever that opinion is. Calling people the names that you do does you no credit. It doesn't really show a lot of maturity. I have known very many vegetarians and vegans in my long life, none of whom I recall being militant, hysterical or hypocritical. Unlike you, it would appear!

Unlike you, I haven’t met them all, so I couldn’t possibly comment, unless I chose to make sweeping statements and generalisations which, I’m sure you would agree, would be a bit childish.

My level of respect for someone has nothing to do with what they eat.

"but don't respect their stupid divisive tactics, bad arguments and moral inconsistency"

These traits have nothing to do with being vegan.   That pretty much describes the reason Trump lost the election and he eats meat.

You shouldn't stereotype an entire group of people that way based on nothing but their diet.   It's illogical.