Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Is it discrimination  if What I self identify as is not honored? ?

Call it what you will but I self recognize as a Black woman yet nobody will honor that. They laugh at me and tell me to get real. Even when I tried to get a student grant for under privlaged minorities I was denied. I don't get it I thought it is what we Identify as not how we look

That would be discrimination but under the law you wouldn't be able to do anything about it as ethnicity is not a protected status or should I say it ethnic identity is not a protected status.

• Alan H

If you have no black parentage, whatever you say you are not black  

You can self identify as a chipmunk.  That doesn't make you a chipmunk.  Apply for a chipmunk "perk" and you aren't a chipmunk, that's fraud.  Apparently you are never going to drop this topic - "why are women upset that Biden signed orders to allow Transgender men to compete as Women?"  (Incidentally, women weren't upset - it's just you.)

I don't think anyone should be honored for simply being one race, but for their achievements and contribution to society. Sadly, the U.S. has different standards lol

nobody needs to honor you for your race or identity, the most important thing is people don't discriminate you based on your race or identity. 

i don't honor anyone for their race since race is just a meaningless social construct invented by racists to further divide people, but i also don't discriminate against anyone based on their race or their identity 

no it isnt self discrimination