Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Am I related to my brother in law's wife?

Some say she's my sister in law but my friends say she's not related to me. 

18 Answers

Relevance
  • L
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

It appears your brother-in-law's wife is your sister, therefore, you ARE related to her.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Only by marriage, but not by blood.

• 2 months ago

My 2 brothers in law's wives are my SISTERS!

Am I missing something here?

Or are you?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i would ask her this question

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

She's not genetically related, but related by marriage and part of you extended family.  I swear, people these days !

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Any time the addenda "in-law" is affixed to a title it means the relationship is by marriage (or by "law"). So you're related by marriage but aren't blood kin. 

• 2 months ago

She is a relative, but not a blood relative.

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

She is most certainly part of your extended family.

Think of it this way: If you were to have an event... be it a birthday party, Christmas lunch, whatever, you would most certainly add her to the guest list as she is family. 

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, that would be your sister-in-law, or the generic in-law.  (Or your sister.  A brother-in-law is your sister's husband too).

• donnie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Unless you have been adopted and don't know who your family is then I really don't know what to tell you. How do they know this? As long as you did not do it on purpose  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.