Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 5
? asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 2 months ago

Why do people who say we should buy American cars to help the US economy dislike Tesla, despite Tesla being an American company?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Both of my cars are American-made...Honda and Toyota.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

@Wiliam: "Assembled" 51% in Fremont with 100% Japanese parts by a Japanese  Co, makes them Japanese.

My Mazda was assembled in Mexico of Japanese and German parts. It Is NOT: "Mexican". Still, Japanese.

Why are so many still so Clueless? Buy an OEM  Part for your H or T.,  Read  what it says on it:" "Nippon Denso" , Kayria,   Japan. And Japanese characters...

• Anon
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I don't dislike  the Tesla  Company or car;  I just wish they were more affordable.

Their drivers are Snooty. 

• 2 months ago

the american auto industry still loves its V8 engines. you don't get that out of your mind so quickly. a lot of jobs depend on it. so they are afraid of tesla: here you see why: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BodpOp0qaAU

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Americans do NOT dislike Tesla.  They just wish it was more AFFORDABLE.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.