Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 2 months ago

I don’t have anyone to invite to my wedding, what should I do? ?

Hi. I proposed to my fiancée a couple of months ago and I’m so happy to be spending the rest of my life with my very best friend. We’ve been touring venues and discussing the over all plan for our wedding. 

It looks like we will have 100 guests because she has a huge family. About 75+ Guests will be attending on her side. 

I wish I could say I had the other 25 but the truth is I have 3 family members and maybe 5 friends (4 of which I hope will be in my wedding leaving 4 people as actual guests in the ceremony). 

How do I move forward? Has anyone been through this or something similar? How did it work out? I feel embarrassed and get depressed when I think that I have no one to represent ‘my side.’ When the toasts start and speeches begin.. you catch my drift?

Thanks for your time. 

CityHall isn’t an option unfortunately.. I wish it was! She and her family are really traditional

In response to some of you, we planned the  wedding to be years a years from now because of covid 19. No time soon we take social distancing very, very seriously. 

• ?

My husband had way more people to invite than I did. So what? No one questioned it at all. Your wedding, your choice. She has a big family, you don't. There's not much you can do about that and there is no reason to be embarrassed at all. Think of it this way: she has a huge family. OK. You have a small, intimate close group. OK. Is the love for them any more or any less than what she feels for her family? THAT'S all that matters, the love you have for them and the people there that MEAN something other than just filling seats. You want to be surrounded by those that saw you grow up, loved you, cared for you, and were there for you. That's all that matters, my friend. 

• Trish

Invite your parents friends and your church they probably have seen you grow up and would love to attend.

Simple don’t haves wedding 

Hopefully this is planned 2023 to invite that many people.

This happened to my friend's brother. Same story.

They didn't divide seating groom side bride side...everyone sat together. His sister and family showed up. 4 people.

The grooms own mother and father did not attend.

No best guy friends, no one...

He was delighted to get married and move forward so i won't sweat that.

• 28AKO

Dude they crazy if they attend the wedding with covid 19 rates still.being outrageous. Super spreader event waiting to happen. Just do a court house wedding with only u, her, and judge. Your family and friends have common sense. Pls pls rethink and replan wedding with attendence after covid 19 and it's deem safe

• ?

You move forward by rethinking the idea that a wedding is about "sides". Your wedding is about two people, you and her, getting married. Which of your guests are connected to which of you isn't important. 

Don't worry about it. 

You haven't done anything wrong. 

That's like worrying that you can't life the same weights as some guy in the gym, or you can't score the same IQ test as some other guy. 

It's vanity and a waste of time. 

One of the biggest lessons you can learn in life is to not worry about what other people think. 

• T J

get married at city hall, an have a small celebration after with a max of 30 people. If your future wife cannot understand that, maybe you are going to marry the wrong woman.

lol looks like all you have to do is sign a piece of paper at the court house then.