Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsOther - Yahoo Products · 2 months ago

How is it possible to know who somebody is on yahoo?

What about if you merely ask them!

No way to know who you are on Yahoo and I like it that way - I used to engage the Russian trolls quite effectively on Yahoo comments and you never know if they find out who I am who they would send after me to silence me

I always Join Anonymous My yahoo name is NOT Sydney Smiff

I dont want Anyone on Yahoo to Know my real name

• .

You can't really (unless they share it publicly). 

Not unless they tell and then you can not be sure.

• ?

It isn't. User names do not have to be unique. My real life first generally is Carol. It was retty. popular first name for girls 60 to 70. years?ago along with Kathy/Cathy, Karen, Deborah, Mary, Susan, Linda, and Shirley and Nancy. There were 5 Lindas in my apartment. complex at one time. There are 2 other Carols. One of them is my downstairs neighbor. One  member of Congress has my first AND last names. 

There is no personal email through YA anymore for over 2 years. 

Email - old fashion way