Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 weeks ago

The OT god is not the same god as the NT god?

Yes, Jehovah says: “I am Jehovah, and there is no one else. With the exception of me there is no God. I shall closely gird you, although you have not known me, in order that people may know from the rising of the sun and from its setting that there is none besides me. I am Jehovah, and there is no one else.” (Isaiah 45:5, 6) 

Psalm 83:18 May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.

Study Bible

Matthew 22:37

He said to him: “‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’

That was a major heresy in the early Church but is something like 1800 years out of date.  The New Testament clearly emphasises continuity.

The OT god did not have a Jesus nor  holy spirit with him, as does the NT god.  That messiah in the OT is not the same as in the NT.  But don't be concerned, none of them are real.

• Carym

Because we can change from one state to another, does not mean God can. He cannot be God and not God at the same time. [Malachi 3:6];  [Hebrews 13:8].

Just obey the rules of the faith you are in then you do not have to worry about the devil getting you. If you have no belief in God at all then sad for those who think they can make their own rules.  There are rules and if you do not follow them then Satan might see and make you pay for causing him problems. 

There's only one God, comprised of three People.  All three are in both the Old and the New Testaments.  You have to pay attention.

Absolutely false.  God does not change.

• Paul

There is only one God. However, Old Testament Jews did have a different understanding of that one God than Christians do, because that one God came to Earth 2,000 years ago through Judaism, founded Christianity, and revealed a great deal about Himself that was unknown to Judaism. Many Jews of that time recognized Him as the long-awaited Messiah, and followed Him, becoming Christians. Some did not, which is why Judaism still exists today, still teaching an Old Testament version of God.

That's your opinion but please don't state it as a fact because you're supposed to ask us a question, like, "Is the OT God the same God as the NT God?" See the difference? But if you don't even know how to ask a question how are you going to understand an answer? The answer is "Yes, one and the same God". Anyone doubting that, just read from Revelation ch. 6 to the end. The Tree of Life at the start of the OT is now at the end of the NT, at the restoration of all things to the perfection they were in before sin ruined everything. All the books of the Bible inbetween those 'bookends' show how God works towards that restoration.

I beg your pardon

Malachi 3:6 KJV — I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.