Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Should I drive to from nc to FL in personal car with 180000 on it?

Depending on where exactly you're traveling, NC to FL may not be that far. It's not really the mileage on a car that is such a factor as the overall condition of the car.

Depends on several things: how well maintained is the car, how far into Florida are you going (Jacksonville, Orlando, Miami?), those are a few things to consider. 

It should be ok if well maintained my Corolla with 478000 miles makes the trip to Virginia and back to Miami twice a month with zero problems 

• Boomer

How should we know? Why are you asking us?

Take the car to a shop with a real mechanic (not just an oil change place).  Ask them to check the car because you plan to drive it to FL and back. Have the car serviced at the same time.  

No, you shouldn't carry that much in cash.

I had a '96 with 208,000. Being a daily driver, l would have taken that car cross country. Some cars with a third the miles, uncared for, l would not depend on past my 10 mile commute. I knew a man who had a Dodge PU, straight 6, he drove with his foot in the carburetor, if Diesels had carbs, l mean he ran the heck out of it. It only had 400,000 miles and still was going strong.

Now are YOU up to the highways, cities, traffic, etc. that you will fight with? Should be an easy drive... be careful and keep speed reasonable. Saving 5 minutes per hour is not worth dying for.

• P

Highway miles are not that hard on a car so it should be fine, however only you know the history of your car, how well it was maintained, and if there's any outstanding issues you have not taken care of.  At the very least I would make sure you have some type of road side assistance subscribed such as AAA before the trip.   

As long as you've taken care of your vehicle you should be ok driving all the way to the west coast and back.

That's not too many miles if the car is in good working order and the tires are not worn out.