Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 2 months ago

Why do cars on carvana and carmax seem overpriced even compared to dealerships or private owners?

• Jay P

Well anonymous, Carvana and Carmax are free to set their prices as they please.  

You, and all other customers, are free to shop elsewhere if you deem their prices too high...

• ?

Do other used car dealerships or private buyers give you thousands of cars to choose from, a detailed inspection and repair report, a free CarFax report, a money-back guarantee and return policy, and a professional stress-free no-haggle buying experience. Answer: No. If none of this is worth anything to you and you find a cheaper car someplace else without all this, great, go for it. And good luck, you'll need it.

someone has to pay for delivery

I'm unsure about Carvana, but my experiences with Carmax as that they only sell cars that are decent, so while you pay more, you are more apt to get a reliable car.  It's a crapshoot with independent dealers, and even more so with private sellers.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with independents and private individuals, but you hedge your bets with Carmax. I suspect the same may apply to CArnava, but I've never bought from them. 

They have plenty of customers so no need to lower their prices.

maybe cause they like to charge a lot

more useless snouts in the troff. The salesmen are getting feed