Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 2 months ago

Why do cars on carvana and carmax seem overpriced even compared to dealerships or private owners?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Jay P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Well anonymous, Carvana and Carmax are free to set their prices as they please.  

You, and all other customers, are free to shop elsewhere if you deem their prices too high...

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Do other used car dealerships or private buyers give you thousands of cars to choose from, a detailed inspection and repair report, a free CarFax report, a money-back guarantee and return policy, and a professional stress-free no-haggle buying experience. Answer: No. If none of this is worth anything to you and you find a cheaper car someplace else without all this, great, go for it. And good luck, you'll need it.

• 2 months ago

someone has to pay for delivery

• 2 months ago

I'm unsure about Carvana, but my experiences with Carmax as that they only sell cars that are decent, so while you pay more, you are more apt to get a reliable car.  It's a crapshoot with independent dealers, and even more so with private sellers.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with independents and private individuals, but you hedge your bets with Carmax. I suspect the same may apply to CArnava, but I've never bought from them. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

They have plenty of customers so no need to lower their prices.

• 2 months ago

maybe cause they like to charge a lot

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

more useless snouts in the troff. The salesmen are getting feed

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.