Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Aloe Vera drooping?

So my aloe vera is growing very beautifully and I think it looks great. But it’s droopy. A lot of the pictures I see of aloe vera plants are sticking straight up. Is there anything wrong with my plant?

• ?

Looks totally normal to me.  It's spreading out a bit because it is trying to get as much light as possible.  These are really outdoor plants but need to have temperate environments to be out of doors.

I do hot glass work and have always kept aloes around for years.  If you put it outside in more direct light (if it's temperate enough) it's growth will eventually become more upright.

• Rita

Aloe should have at least six hours a day of strong, direct sunlight. Lack of sunlight can weaken the leaves and cause them to flop. ... Too much water can also be an issue and lead to an aloe plant flopping over. A simple watering strategy for aloe is to wait for the soil to dry out entirely and then wet it completely.

Usually this happens when it doesn't get enough sunlight and its normal when its has lots of moisture in the soil. So get it in the place where is enough sunlight, it will work .

Too much water. It drowns the roots. 

• Dixon

Its only drooping because the fronds are so long. It looks a good colour to me

The plant needs a bigger pot.  Do not overwater.

• ?

are u not overwatering it as it is a type of succulant and they don't need too much water. Aloe vera is not an indoor plant. They need a lot of sun and should be outside in a warm/hot position, even on a hot window sill if u have no backyard.

ask someone at a plant store about it