Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What should I wear when I visit America?

What should I wear when I visit America during winter?  I’m going to spend a week or two in North Carolina, Statesville.  To visit my long distance boyfriend, as soon as travel is legal.  I heard it snows and gets really cold there in winter.  

You never know. There can be snow-- or it can be relatively warm. We just went through a polar vortex, where most of the southeast got snow and temperatures in the single digits (that's in Fahrenheit- it would be minus degrees in Celsius.) But we also have days when it's 12-20 degrees Celsius. Bring layers. Statesville is not in the mountains, but you might visit there, and that area gets more snow. 

If you are visiting eastern North Carolina the the weather is generally not very cold.  However, western North Carolina is mountainous and snow is likely in the mountains.  

No, it is quite warm

just wear warm clothes