Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 2 months ago

Why do muslims pray in arabic when nearly 80 percent dont speak arabic?

They dont have a clue what they are saying

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Brainwashing Muftis teach the only way to allah is through prayer, and it must be in arabic

• 1 month ago

the quran and the language of mohammad was classical arabic. this a language that very few people in the world can speak today. some people will lie and claim that claim classical arabic is the same as modern arabic. it just takes a seconds to look this up, but muslims want. they would rather lie!

• i think you'll find your answer in the link " if you eager about answer "

islamqa.info/en

take care about your self

• 2 months ago

To keep all Muslims on Earth on the same page. If it was allowed to pray the five daily contact prayers in the local tongue, differences would creep in. Thus we Muslims pray the five daily contact prayers in Arabic the same worldwide. Since I am an Urdu-speaking Muslim from Pakistan, I keep the Urdu translation at the back of my mind during contact prayers. As for supplication ("dua" in Arabic), it can be made in any language. Thus the Islamic faith has remained intact worldwide for over 1400 years and shall remain so until the Day of Resurrection Insyallah (God willing)!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

the translation is available on the internet

besides it is easy to memorise when young

• 2 months ago

It was revealed in Arabic, so it has been a preference ever since. It is relatively straight forward and easily remembered and memorized. People know the meaning of prayers. It is easier than learning ABC. God says in the Quran He made it simple and to not make it complex. All commands are easy to follow. 

• Mintee
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

they learn from someone who knows the language what it means.. also these days with internet, you can find the Quran translations in any language on earth. so no excuse to not know what it means... 

• 2 months ago

Same reason why Christians prayed in Latin for centuries?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.