Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 2 months ago

Can you get a car off the lot with bad credit? ?

I want to get a car not brand new obviously but I have horrible credit (500) is there anyway I can get approved for a car from a dealership? I’m going to save up but was wondering how much I would need to save? 

• ?

Buying a car with bad credit is possible—it's just going to cost you. You'll probably have a higher interest rate and require a bigger down payment, and you may have a much smaller selection to choose from than someone with a better credit history.

Car loans are easy to get.

They just increase the interest rate and then extend the life of the loan so you can "afford" it.

But most likely this will simply result in a repo...

So how much do you need to save so this doesn't happen?  the price of the car.

more to life than paying off cars if you can't afford it don't do it. Its only a car you have no money you will be living beyond your means and have no money for anything else.

Probably but you would need a significant down payment. And because of your credit, its a really bad deal. Very high prices, high rates and long terms.  95% of people in your shoes would be far better off paying cash for a clunker every 6-12 months.

Save enough to pay cash.