Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 2 months ago

Why do Chinese people all look the same?

They are beautiful. 

No clue. They probably just have a few several ancestors in common. Same with Koreans.

They don't to me, but I grew up in a place with a lot of Asians.  I think it has to do with whether you have to distinguish differences in your area.  If there was only one Chinese boy in your class, it would be sufficient to ID him by "straight black hair, tan complexion."  Or if there was only one black kid, it might be as simple as "dark skin."  Or if only one kid with red hair, or missing an arm.  But if your school had many of those, you'd have to learn to differentiate.

Say that about blacks

Well, it depends on the Chinese city they come from as to the tone of voice, the wideness of the eyes, the skin tone and face shape, height and overall build of each Chinese person as to whether or not they look identical; if you observe a group of Chinese people closely enough.  But I don’t really know why they all have black hair and brown eyes.  

This question is rather stereotypical, no?

I understand you bro. Scandinavian blonds also looked all the same to me and I would constantly mistake them for someone else (which was a bit  embarrassing).

because you have subconscious racial biases without knowing it. and this is attributed to the fact that you have limited exposure to asians. 

Why do all whites look the same Why do all blacks look the same Why do all Hispanics look the same? Don't ask why, eat a pie!

Untrained eyes! If you know what to look for they are as diverse as any group.