Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 2 months ago

High school dance team?

For most of my life I've been a competitive figure skater but my parents had to move to this town where the nearest ice rink is an hour away and only open three days out of the week.  As of right now, I'm looking for a new sport to while away the hours with.  I joust found out that my school has dance team tryouts in a month.  I can do a toe touch, leap, pirouette, etc. and I'm fairly flexible.  My only problem is that I'll be a senior next year.  I just don't know if that's too late.  Or if my current age will be a problem.  What do you think??  Should I try out or should I look for something else to do?

dance is different then its sister sports (gymnastics figure skating and cheerleading) in many ways and im sure you will have lot to learn especially about the technique. In these different sports one might do the preparation/execution of a pirouette for example, differently. However with the flexibility and strength that figure skaters have im sure you will get the hang of it quickly since you have a lot going for you. I would suggest learning ballet basics before trying out and researching the dance team to see how competitive/good they are because most high school teams are easy and will probably take you as long as you are flexible.