Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

One of my frnd suddenly started feeling intolerant to eat curry , how to control his allergic feeling ?

My frnd started feeling allergic to some items like onions in curry,, he developed this since 1 month,, he says he is feeling some bad smell which makes him intolerant to eat food with those items, what might be the cause? Recently he started drinking alcohol more, is this due to alchol effect or some other?

• Tavy

I developed a severe allergy to onions and garlic in my 30s , that was 40 years ago and I don't drink alcohol.

It happens.

• Justin

This is called a 'tolerance level.' It is when the body has too much of anything over a long time and reaches the point where very small amounts have the same effect as large amounts. Your friend can either eat less curry or stop eating it for a while and allow the body to recover. Alcohol can enhance this bad effect, just like it can enhance the effects of medicine, so that is only making it worse.

It is not a serious problem unless your friend ignores what his body is telling him. It is good that he finds curry less enjoyable since this will help him eat less of it for a while. If he stops eating it long enough, he may return to his normal enjoyment of it since his 'tolerance level' will return to normal.