Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What do I do with my stuff if I get a job on a fishing boat?

I'm moving to Florida, Tampa specifically, and I decided to try getting a job on a fishing boat. I know it's hard work but I'm read to learn.

What I'm wondering though is, what do I do with my car and my luggage if I actually manage to find a ship that will let me on board? I know the boats can be out at sea for at minimum a week at a time. I don't have an apartment yet and was just gonna do a rent by the week rooms till I had my new finances down there sorted out, but if I'm gonna try for this sort of job then what do I do with my stuff?

It's just 2 suitcase and car. Should I just park it at the airport long term parking or something? Also are there even fishing boats like I'm thinking in Tampa? If there are do I just go down to the docks and ask around? What docks even?

You have a small space to hold your stuff.  Don't bring a suitcase, or cardboard box or fancy luggage.  Just a soft canvas or laundry bag.  Be sure to have a few pairs of wool socks and  proper foul weather gear.  Ask your shipmates for advice.   Bring drugs and you'll be swimming home.