Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

God teaches us that with some groups of people, the best thing is to put to death their men, women, children, cattle, camels and donkeys?

So therefore we learn from his example and don't question it, correct?

Update:

"This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

So this group of people violate their peace agreement ,sign with their own allied but become treacherous or double cross their own allied by stabbing them behind  by joining with the enemies. So GOD give out verdict to manage with this treacherous people. So they are asking for their viciousness by their own hands. 

• 1 month ago

You are getting answers talking about the difference between the old and new testaments.  But the folks who make the distinction forget that their boy Jesus said (paraphrasing) he wasn't there to invalidate the old testament but was there to add the new covenants.

The past is prologue (according to the Bard of Avon) and that is as true for the Bible as it is for anything else that claims to be historical.  The new testament derives from the old testament.  IF the O.T. didn't exist, there would never have been a N.T.

• 1 month ago

That was the Old Testament in the New Testament we are taught to love our neighbors as ourselves if our enemies is hungry we are to feed them if thirsty we are to give them water. vengeance is mine says the Lord i will repay. if at all possible we are to live peacefully with all people. in times of war we are to kill the enemies of our countries and we are not counted as murderers because it is time of war. Thanks for the question.

• Carmen
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Obviously you have a particular group you want to exterminate. However, that's just your desire, not God's. If you carry through, then you will be a megalomaniac, not God's servant. You can't say that you learned from example, because then you are claiming to be equal to God. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

"I wouldn’t take even a thread or a sandal strap from anything that was yours [Who are unrighteous] so that you couldn’t say, ‘I’m the one who made Abram rich.’ (Genesis 14:23).

"Wherefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them" (Jeremiah 5:14).

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No gods exist. Hope that helps.

• 1 month ago

That would be one of the primary lessons learned from the earlier books of the Bible but is contrary to what Jesus taught.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.