Twitter as a substitute for Yahoo Comments?

__Maybe not the -most-appropriate- place to ask this, but I'm a newbie on Twitter and multiple searches for help re Twitter itself yield +/- zero. __So, is there any way to use it like the late lamented Yahoo Comments? Starting from the bird icon on the left of a Yahoo newsfeed article, how do I attach my tweet to that story? How do I see all the tweets it has attracted and (maybe) post a public reply, or Thumbs up/down? __Or do I just have to somehow Follow everyone on Twitter and somehow get a million people to Follow me? Mostly talking very general News sources here, but I started out also following some pretty specialized stuff and still doesn't seem to work. I can view my tweets but no sign that they appear anywhere except in my own ?profile, let alone ever get attached to the story they concern.

Thanks for answers, will try this in another category. I did put effort into refining posts, agreed 280 char limit is likely to do damage to many serious contributions but willing to try. __10:90 ratio on Yahoo? See NPR - which killed comments before we ever saw a Russian Trumptroll but because a majority of high-quality contributors consistently rejected their agenda. __FWIW, my Twitter profile says "radical centrist" = equal opportunity troll. A pox on selected parts of both their houses

• .

You'll need to move your question to a subcategory where users familiar with Twitter are more likely to see it. 

.

Your question belongs in Computers & Internet>Internet>Other-Internet as it's currently in Yahoo Products>Yahoo Answers and not applicable to this subcategory, which is for questions about how YA works and the rules here (and thus decreases your chances of getting many useful answers).

Moving your question can be done by clicking Edit (pencil icon for mobile)>Edit category just beneath your question, then selecting the category that's appropriate for the topic.

No. I've set up several Twitter accounts over the years. I do low?several people, but I usually forget my password. If I want to say anything to them I email them realizing their staff will.likely read the email and not them. If tweets?are?still.limited to 140 or 380 character spaces, that's usually too short. It does Not take the place of YA or YA comments. YA is SUPPOSED to have a STRICT question answer format. Why am I the only person who seems to remember that. That is Why I used to like YA. It is NOT an endless discussion forum. 

Trust me, removing comments  is probably the best thing Yahoo ever did,  especially now, since the ratio of good users, to  utter disgusting trolls,  has dropped seriously low.....like 10%  to 90% trolls .

i dont think so