Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

How to handle somebody that you love supporting an open racist?

I love my dad, he has always done everything for me and been so supportive. But he is also an open trumper; i've tried it all; i've told him about privilege and power, I've told him about all of trumo's rape accusers, and even coming from his own daughter he's still in denial. I hate to see him said, but I over the moon when trump lost. But my dad believes all the conspiracies that Biden cheated. What can I say to him to prove that he is in the wrong for being a trumper? Is there anyeay I can get through to him?

I don't want to stop talking to him, but I really really worry that if I cant change his mind, then he wwon't change his ways. How can somebody be such a good person, but still soooooo wrong?

Unfortunately, you probably won’t be able to convince him. Trump supporters treat him like a god. Imagine how an evangelical Christian would react if you tried to prove evolution is real. They accept only the facts and science that fit into their beliefs, and reject anything that doesn’t. They base their facts on their beliefs instead of basing their beliefs on facts. They don’t want the truth, they just want to believe. Trumpers are the same. They don’t want the truth, they just wanna believe trump is their savior. People who are so gullible and prone to believing conspiracy theories are sometimes difficult to respect. If you love your dad, you may just have to agree to disagree. Hopefully he will eventually see the light.

Dad's are racist sometimes. You won't change his views. The best part about talking to someone with different beliefs is learning a different viewpoint and trying to find out why they feel that way. Don't stop talking to him and try to respect his opinion even if you don't agree. (My pops was like that too)

not much you can do about it

Trump has been in the public eye, in and around the media and entertainment industries since the 1970’s. He was the golden boy in interview after interview. Over the decades he’s received Freedom Foundation awards, recognition from Jewish leaders, and a star on the Walk of Fame.

He was idolized for his wealth and personality by Democrats, the news media, sports media, and the left his whole life, until he ran for president.

After 50 years in a high profile position, all of a sudden he’s a white supremacist and a fascist?

No.  You’ve fallen victim to propaganda and media distortion. Apologize to your father for questioning his integrity.

Trump was involved in the WWF at one point. Pro-Wrestling is pretend. Sometimes you play the bad guy. Trump was right. He did a lot for black people. Look at Black Lives Matter. He played the bad guy and fell on the sword and our nation will be greater because of it. 

• Zardoz

You should pay him back for every penny he ever spent on you. Then you should recognize that you are unworthy of gracing his presence. Go out into the world, grow up and overcome your narcissistic delusions. When you're worthy go back to his home and sin no more.

Source(s): [n] = 10ⁿ

not much you can do if he wont listen

Trump is not a racist, the media has brainwashed your weak mind. It is in fact YOU who are in the wrong

In my family that's how you become nobody. You notice.