mortgage for self-employed?

If I'm a contractor, I have a client and I charge him 850£ per month,

can I still get a mortgage? even if I'm not employed in the usual way....

• Maxi

If you are self employed then you are registered as such wirh HMRC, you file taxes annually, so you are no different to anyone else who is PAYE and can get a mortage based on your registered self employed income...the only self employed who can't get a mortgage are those who are defrauding HMRC

But if your only earned income is £850 per month then you don't earn enough to even pay tax even though you still have to register and file annually and you stand zero chanse of getting a mortgage

• Judy

You'd have to show that you've made that much regularly for a couple years.

i would talk to a realtor about it

Yes, depends on credit, tax return income and down payment.

But if thats your only income, its going to be difficult because your income is so low.

Yes, self employed people can get mortgages, I don't know if you get enough but if you have invoices from the last year, even better the last two years, showing a steady income it will help. People who are employed but are not promised any hours can still get mortgages if they can show that they work on a rota and have had a similar income for a year or two. Nothing is ever concrete even if you did have guaranteed work, there are still mechanisms to end any employment or self employment for everyone.