Bill
Bill asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Feminists, why should businesses be forced to hire women?

If I'm the owner of the business and the owner of the property that will be used to pay my employees exactly why should I be forced to hire people I don't want to hire? 

Exactly what justification could there be for anti-discrimination laws when potential employees have no right to employment or to the property, association, and contract of the employer? 

And before you say businesses are not forced to hire women you should consider exactly what the law is trying to impose on the business owner. It's not free association by a long shot. 

Also, on a related note, when the supreme court said that anti-discrimination laws are constitutional due to the equal protection clause they were full of sh*it. The equal protection clause speaks towards states, not businesses. 

@.Jerry.: I've noticed that too. Liberals think it is perfectly logical to agree with businesses discriminating against conservatives and Trump supporters, while at the same time declaring it a human right violation if businesses discriminate against blacks, women, gays or transgenders. 

The thing is if a business has the right to determine access to their services when it comes to conservatives and Trump supporters then they logically have the right to determine access when it comes to all people. The only reason liberals disagree with what I just said is because their politics, views towards conservatives and trump supporters, and their own personal gain tells them to disagree.

@melouofs: I reject the supreme courts reasoning because it is baseless. The equal protection clause only puts limits on states, which is clearly said by the clause itself. Under the clause business owners would fall under people, not states. 

" All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws." - equal protection clause

@Liz: If they don't want to hire women and yet you make that decision illega l(which is what the law does and what your post supports) then you are in fact forcing them to hire women. 

@Green Puffin: Because the employer and owner of the property and business doesn't want to hire you and associate with you. 

@Green Puffin: How does a woman not being a feminist and not living the feminist lifestyle equal them not having a personality? lol

Thank goodness we have Laws to protect us from sexist people like you Bill.  If I'm equally qualified and have the same amount of work experience as a man, why shouldn't I be employed.  We know you hate all women unless they lack personality or only do as you say or want.  Thankfully there are a million men that don't share your old fashioned views.

This is why I don't sleep with men.

Private businesses are above the first amendment now.  No business has to hire Trump or any of his supporters as we have seen.  They also don't have to hire Muslims or Buddhists if they don't want to.  They also don't have to hire feminists or gays or lesbians or transgenders or liberals either.  Private business can hire and fire anybody based on some flimsy policy that they get to define.  Well done Liberals!  You got your wish to cancel Trump and his supporters.  Now it's your turn.

• liz

Businesses shouldn’t discriminate on grounds of sex or gender or race.  So they shouldn’t be forced to employ men or women. They should take the best candidate who applies.

There are some exceptions to the rule.  If there was a business sending wet nurses out to families, men couldn’t expect to get a job providing milk to babies. 

The law supports employers choosing the best candidate for the job. It doesn’t force employers to employ any particular gender, sex or race . But what you call “ not wanting to hire women “ is discrimination.  Which is illegal. That’s how it goes.

It doesn’t matter too much whether you think you have a right to discriminate. It’s the law, normal people can follow it and you can be prosecuted for not following it. Your choice.

Nobody has discriminated against Trump or conservatives. That’s not a thing. Being prevented from posting lies on Twitter is not discrimination. 

• Hayley

It is important to be financially independent. 

No point in answering, is there? You've already reject the Supreme Court's stance, so you have no interest whatsoever in taking other points into consideration. Your mind is made up and you seem to just want to type something into the abyss. I hope you enjoyed that. 

"Feminists, why should businesses be forced to hire women?"

I'll let the feminists answer.  And I will point out how so many of them, along with Leftists, have been agreeing with the tone of what you are saying, by supporting Twitter's ban of Trump, and the censoring of conservative views on all other social media as well, by claiming that they are private corporations, so free speech and all those other legal rights amendments don't apply.  Well ... what about this then?

Twitter can delete your account if they disagree with your political opinion, and nobody seems to be worried about that.  What happens when they start cancelling you because of your religious affiliation?  How about if they disagree with your sexual orientation?  It's a private corporation, right??  How about when they begin doing the same thing for someone's sex, or race?  Remember now, those anti-discriminatory amendments came well after the right to free speech, which was the first amendment to the constitution.

So you might be onto something.  But no matter what, there has to be ONE law that applies equally to everyone, or nobody is going to respect the law.

• Katy M

I don't think there should be any laws forcing companies to hire or not hire whomever they want.