mark asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

Wrong alliance!!!?

The United States allied with the Soviets to destroy defeat Germany in World War II. Why did the United States not ally with Germany from the beginning to defeat the Soviets and not have to go to  cold war with communism for 50 years?

33 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Japan assaulted the USA December 7, 1941. USA announced battle on Japan December 8, 1941. As per its union with Japan Germany announced battle on the USA December 10, 1941. USA around then would have readily not engaged in battling in Europe and the Pacific at the same time, yet Germany left no decision.

• garry
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

maybe you should read the history books , talk about an idiot with no brains .. firstly germany invaded poland then the nederlands , took over denmark and france , while still killing the jews , and you think germany should be an allied of america . learn to read first , first country in germany where the soviets while you were still at the boarder .

• 4 weeks ago

Actually, Hoover and other Republicans advocated leaving Germany and the Soviet Union to fight it out, apparently thinking that Germany would destroy Communism.  In my view, such a strategy would have resulted in all of Europe falling under Communist domination.  The Soviets pushed back the Germans largely without any Allied assistance.  At Potsdam, Truman congratulated Stalin on reaching Berlin.  Stalin sniffed and said that was nothing, Tsar Alexander I made it to Paris.

• 4 weeks ago

I don't know....  Why don't kids get told to become alleys with pedophiles, so that can piss off the police?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The cold war was good for the family unit. It promoted stability and planned wars.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

War is a disaster for humankind. Killing is not the way to settle down debuts. But sometimes you are forced into a war beyond your willing. The USA's best choice Is selling various military products and equipment to both sides. At least, not too early to involve in a war. But once in a war, you have to muster up all strength to counter back.  With the aid of the enemy's enemy, the USA didn't splash too much blood In Europe. Russian took most causalities to wear down Germans. Otherwise, it would continue to fight longer and would cause much more casualties for the USA and Its allies. There is no eternal enemy, and vice versa.

Both Hitler and Napoleon underestimated Russian. 

• 1 month ago

Japan attacked the USA December 7, 1941.  USA declared war on Japan December 8, 1941.  In accord with its alliance with Japan Germany declared war on the USA December 10, 1941.  USA at that time would have gladly not gotten involved in fighting in Europe and the Pacific simultaneously, but Germany left no choice.

• 1 month ago

For the first two years (Sept 1939 - Dec 1941) US manufacturers were selling goods and services to the British, Russians, Germany, Italy, etc and making a bundle. This ended, when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, Hitler/Germany declared war on the United States. The rest is history.

Finland was allied with the Nazi's at the beginning of WW2 against the Russians, who have always been their arch enemy.

• JOHN B
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

"The enemy of my enemy is my best friend".

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

German militaristic aggression and oppression strengthened the US bond w/ it's ally England. The US aided England's battle to defeat Germany. Germany declared war on the US shortly after it's ally (Japan) sneak attacked Pearl. 

You must have been home sick for a long time to miss that much education because your q reflects someone who is uneducated, unintellignt and/or dishonest.

You have no idea how the world would have developed w/ a US/German alliance. I'm comfortable w/ this one. 

Hitler's fascist extremism was just as fundamentally opposed to US democracy as Stalin's communism.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.