Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetFacebook · 1 month ago

How can you decide if something is too NSFW to post on Instagram?

I'm an artist and my art tends to be risque but it's never straight out pornographic (at least in my opinion). I'd consider it pg-13 at the most but I've been getting warnings from Instagram about my art even though I've seen way more from big accounts like play boy and even smaller illustraters that I like. I'm a beginning artist so I don't want my account taken down so soon since I haven't gained a large enough following to start from square one. How can I determine if something is too much? I wouldn't be particularly uncomfortable showing anything on my page to other people so I can't really tell what's "okay"

Only an idiot wouldn’t know this

• Lv 7

would you show it to your grandma or little sister?

if not, then it is NSFW.

• ?

The Best way is to find a Stranger and Ask a Stranger if its too NSFW they will tell you with Great Honesty on It 

From my point of view-having been in the field professionally for 19 years and part time off and on, "risque" work is very jaded. Not to say it shouldn't be done but there is so much out there it's hard to be original and stand out.

From that point of view, a historical review of artists who stood out in their own eras & times could be worthwhile. For example, what approach did Ansel Adams take in landscape photography that made his work so notable? You could certainly cross over into other fields, e.g. if you're into oil painting look at the conceptual process of sculptors who stood out in the past.

I'm not speaking of emulating or copying their styles but the creative process they went through.

Hope this helps and good luck!