Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

Are British people obsessed with king Arthur?

49 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No.  He is part of British culture, but there is a lot more besides King Arthur.

• John
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

No.   Why would we be ??

Are Americans obsessed with George Washington ?   Most not. 

• 1 month ago

Most British people care far less about their royalty than the typical American does.  An American, impressed with the idea that "all men are created equal," fancies himself as being equal to the royal family.  As a person who lives in English once told me, "for most of us, they are so far above everything that they have no relevance to anything we do,"

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Some people, most people no.

But people do love it, and there is a lot of stuff on TV and in movies about it.

Me personally, I am not interested in it.

I am from England, United Kingdom

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

They are extremely obsessed with King Arthur, but required to deny it publicly because of a blood pact.  

• garry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

king who , no one believes that story , except americans ..lol what next the round table , well it sounds better than a square table !!! only an american troll can be that dumb  ...😎😎😎😎😎

• 1 month ago

NO we have more pressing things  to worry about these days 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Brits are not obsessed with Arthur but with Hitler...and Churchill who did not lead the British to victory. Without the US and the USSR, the British military have stayed on the islands forever without any chance of getting off.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes. I read an article recently that the claim to legitimacy resting on King Arthur goes way back and is still part of the insignia and heraldry of the Crown. So in other words, they *still* claim that their entire system of government is on a foundation of legitimacy resting on King Arthur, and this claim goes way back to before the Norman Conquest in 1066. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Here we go again No 3 Obsession for 2021 I read they had 48 from last year why are the anonymous obsessed with the British

the British have tiny interested in many Things Most British people are Like me only Obsessed with our next lay

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.