car problems?

my car wouldnt start recently i assumed it was because of the cold and tried to jump it. now i have no electricity the battery is fine and sill holds a charge. but i get absolutely no electricity when i try to start it. no light radio not even and attempt to start. I also tried tightening the cables on the battery and they are good now, but not sure about the other end. any ideas what is wrong with it?

Now and again everybody discovers they disapprove of their vehicle. In the event that you do build up a difficulty it is never a smart thought to overlook it; dealing with a minor issue when it happens is the most ideal method of staying away from enormous fix charges later on. Wellbeing is another worry as well, keeping your vehicle in great condition is the most ideal method of keeping your family protected when out and about.

This rundown covers 3 of the most well-known issues found in fresher vehicles. On the off chance that you have a more established vehicle, it probably won't be on this rundown and there are loads of different issues excluded. We have featured what we believe are the more common issues so you can pay special mind to them in your own vehicle.

1. A Warning Light Shows

Cautioning lights show up when one of the sensors recognizes a blunder and features it in the motor control unit. There are around 200 notice codes so you should take this to an expert who would then be able to check the framework, discover the wellspring of the notice and complete the essential fixes.

2. The Engine is Sputtering

There are various parts that keep a motor running great however a failing or faltering motor is perhaps the most widely recognized issue. For a motor to run effectively the perfect measure of air and fuel should blend and afterward consume inside the burning chamber. With the end goal for this to run accurately, there are various segments in the fuel and start frameworks that need to work as one. To downplay these sorts of issues, the fuel and start frameworks should be kept up and supplanted by the producer's proposals.

3. The Steering Wheel is Shaking

There are various reasons why a guiding wheel shakes when driving a vehicle. Harmed suspension segments or wheel heading are normally to fault if this happens following you start the vehicle and pull away. In the event that the wheel shakes at higher velocities, it is all the more frequently an issue with tire/wheel balance. To determine this you should take the vehicle for an appropriate mechanical investigation. It very well may be as basic a fix as getting your wheels adjusted.

Start with the main fuse between the battery and the fuse box.

Did you "cross" the connections when you jumped it? If you did you may have fried the electrics.

Did you take the battery cables off and use a battery cleaner tool to remove the build up on the battery posts and inside the battery cable clamps? They need to be shiny to make good contact. If you hooked up the battery cables backwards while jumping the battery the fusible link that protects the alternator and electrical system will have blown. The fusible links re the larger fuses in the engine compartment fuse box.

If you’re absolutely sure the battery is good, it sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere. Tightening the battery terminals was a good start, but did you check them for dirt or corrosion first? You need to make sure the metal is making good contact. You also could have a short in a wire somewhere. Something may be loose, or rodents could have chewed through a wire. I assume each electronic component uses a different fuse, so it’s unlikely that a blown fuse is the cause. I don’t know your level of mechanical ability, but I assume you know about as much as I do. I’m the kind of girl that likes to fix things myself, but doesn’t have a clue how to do it.  I just have a lot of experience with very crappy cars. Every time I’ve ever had that problem, it’s been the cable having a loose connection with the battery terminal. In your case, the bad connection is somewhere else. I don’t know if there could be other causes. You can try to see if you can get a wiring diagram online, but if you can’t find the problem, just take it to a shop. 

the battery has a charge and holds it. I have a battery charger that tells me. it a 2003 chevy tracker

How are you sure that the battery is good if nothing works ??  That would be the most common problem .

Year make and model.  Charge the battery and get it load tested.  Check the fuses.  Check ground connection.  Check for a bad ignition switch.  With a test light.