Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 1 month ago

I can't connect to the internet on two of my three computers?

I have three computers.  I have one personal computer and two from work that I use for remote work.  I am able to connect to the internet on my personal computer, but on the two work computers it keeps saying "connected, no internet" and it's been like this for about 3 days now.  I was able to use the internet on these devices normally before.  It just suddenly stopped working a few days ago. I reset the network settings and it didn't help.  When I troubleshoot, it just tells me to reset the router.  What's going on?

If your router and modem are separate, restart both.

Unplug  both of them

Wait for 30 seconds

Turn on the modem and waiit until modem lights are stable,then  turn on the router.

Wait for a few minutes and check.

many work systems have hundreds of pc's connected and most will have a FIXED IP address whereas at home you would have a simple IP determined each time you switch on. most likely its something to do with that. open a command prompt and look at IPCONFIG/ALL and do the same for non working one look at the GATEWAY values and IP address values.. the GATEWAY IS THE INTERNET and if its different then thats why it does not work.

Reset the router.  Something in the work computers is having a hard time connecting to the router.  Resetting will put everything right.  Make sure that the network settings are set to DHCP (so they can get their IP address from the router)