Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Taxi driver?

If I want be taxi driver what document I need and how much is cost the insurance?

5 Answers

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    You need to upgrade your driver's license to the next level(for me in my country that means going from passenger car operator=Class 5 to Professional driver to carry paying passengers or Class 4)  It is Mandatory.  Taxi companies usually carry the insurance for their taxi's...I have only worked for Taxi companies. (Yellow Cab, Black Cab, Checkered Cab)as a driver.  

    . It means you got to go to DMV and it is a DIFFERENT test you got to pass.  HARDER QUESTIONS AND MORE OF THEM.

    You would have read this in your Driver's Training Manual.  But I see you don't like reading, so it will be extra difficult for you.

    Just saying.

  • ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    What "documents" you need depends on where in this big world you are (You forgot to tell us that).  The cost of insurance will be whatever it is after you get quotes from several insurance companies.

  • 2 months ago

    The insurance prices vary because they are individually tailored to the detailed risk profile of the individual applicant.

    Typically they start at hugely expensive because they have to include cover for potential liabilities to passengers as well as to other vehicles, road users and property. I used to buy my “hire and reward” insurance every three months and it cost me twice what I paid for fully comprehensive insurance on the very same vehicle when I drove it privately. The policy excess (US = deductible) was also FAR higher. 

    As for the documents you need they also vary according to the laws and regulations of whichever town or city you live in. You obviously must have a current full driving licence (my UK spelling). It usually must be an almost clean licence when you start (few convictions recorded against it). Some places require drivers to complete a formal training scheme (such as “the Knowledge” in London) which ensures that you know your way around by the shortest routes (even without a satnav or a map) and also have training in dealing with the public and in first aid skills. Other places just make you pay a fee for a chauffeur or taxi permit with no real training at all. Some places worldwide also mandate that the vehicles used meet a list of minimum standards which in places like London mean that specialist vehicles are used built especially for the job (the famous London Black cab: which is really a number of different taxi models and they don't have to be black any more) or existing production vehicles which have special modifications to meet taxi specification are used (such as the Mercedes Vito Taxi).

    So start asking local taxi drivers for information about where to start as you need specific local knowledge.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    You'll need a commercial license - chauffeur & insurance.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    First decide WHERE you are planning to drive, and then come back and ask again.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.