Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Isn't this just the best message to a puppy you've bred, when going to his new home .....?

"56 days ago you were born, 56 days of early starts, lots of poo and half eaten socks but 56 days of pure joy watching you grow. But now it’s time for you go 💔

.

I am sad to see you go, and yes I might cry but it will be with happiness as each of your new homes are bursting with love. You might be scared at first, thats ok. Just be yourself and you will never understand how much happiness you will bring to your new families and all the people you meet. Make me proud, & remember to write. Lots of love, "    From James Middleton's Instagram.

For me, it says it all (as a retired breeder).   Sending them off to their new home was probably the WORST part of doing a litter.   How often would they go off with their new family without a backward look - leaving me weeping on the kerb.

Oh you really are a heartless lot - and have probably never spent 24/7 rearing a litter and then have to send them out into the world.  Half eaten socks worried me too but I totally understood the sentiments.   And actually I don't think he 'made money' with his breeding.  He is Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge's brother (if you don't know) and gave them a puppy from a sister of a Spaniel they lost last year.

I hadn't seen this but love that story and especially that William and Kate have got a pup from Lupo's sister.  

I haven't got a clue whether there were health screening or contracts and I sincerely hope there were.  

I think it is pretty neat. 

I am sure every puppy who could read it appreciated it.

As it is unlikely any of the puppies could read or understand the message it is really just attention seeking by the writer.

Yes, it is a wonderful prayer for the future of any pup.  I never got into breeding cause I couldn't let them go.  I couldn't let them go to strangers that didn't know crap about dogs.  I couldn't do it with the heart strings I have.

How about 'but you are making me lots of money, so although 8 weeks is too young, I want the cash! Good luck and Goodbye, money maker!

A puppy doesn't understand any "message"..  and most breeders are happy to see their pups go and be matched up with families where they will bring their new owners lots of joy..   

Or going to performance homes where they will excell in obedience or agility, etc and show off what the breed/bloodlines is capable of.

Or to a working environment where the dog will be providing the function his breed was bred to do.

Or to go to a show home, where they will be in the ring and earning CH titles, possibly contributing their good genetics to another bloodline and to next generations..

The above reasons are the whole reason for breeding to begin with.

corona virus = 56.

• ?

i dont amuse byb´s sorry

• ?

^on Instagram 

Credit belongs to James Middleton on Instagram. 

James Middleton is incompetent if he's letting puppies eat socks.