UFC vs Boxing?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I love to see Boxing

• Adam
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Boxing is killing itself and as a long time fan i hate to see it. MMA generally has 2 major organisations (UFC, Bellator) with minor promotions Generally it's 1 guy calling all the shots in each promotion. The big fights get made. It's clear to see who the champion is. It's easy for the casual fan to understand who is number 1. By having a central organisation, their marketing while flawed is more coordinated, the promotion of fighters is better and there is a clear progression. Also there's limited weight classes so the talent pools are not spread too thin. At the moment across UFC and Bellator, there are a combined 15 male Championships (counting each belt in each weight individually)...

With boxing, you have 17 weight classes. 4 "Major" with another 3 minor ones all having their world champions. 2 "Unofficial titles" that hold weight (The Ring, TBRB). The WBA currently has 3 World Champions in some weights, WBC/IBF have 2. Also must throw in, the WBO once ranked a dead guy for 18 months and actually promoted him in their rankings 12 months after his death, despite not having fought due to being dead and no one around him having lost. Also just google Rocciganni. So just focusing on the major organisations, at the moment we have 97 world championships. And that's just the alphabet bodies. The big fights are harder to make as every promoter wants his piece. The promotion of the fighters is less coordinated so its harder for a fighter to become a big name amongst the casual fans. There's also a lot more people wanting a piece of the fighters purses.

Boxing is slowly dying and it's only a matter of time before MMA overtakes it. Unless boxing becomes more organised and less corrupt, MMA will dominate combat sports in the future.

• 1 month ago

BRUCE lee man innit

• 1 month ago

There's no question here, boxing is the best sport in the world. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mier
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Boxing is much better historically but the ufc puts on more quality fights. You have organizations like PBC/Showtime in boxing with Al Haymon who put on a lot of mismatch fights.  

A lot of the black fighters are taking on the Mayweather model of cherry picking.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Boxing for me even though I am a Black Belt in Karate.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.