Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 3 months ago

True or false: You misspell the word "gauge" when you was a child?

The word gauge you spell it gouj/gauj, but its gej actually lol. English is messy even native speaker have ever misspell.

The word "mischievos" also you have ever misspell it right? Lol

• ?

No, since I first ran into it in writing.

But I would pronounce it wrong, no doubt.

I learned something new today.

• ?

The words gauge and gage are both acceptable.

No. I didn't know of that word when I was a kid, since English isn't my first language. I live and grew up here in Sweden.

Not the best speller but gauge is for Measuring so never had a problem

False, I can honestly say, I don't remember ever, misspelling the word gauge. I did, regularly, attend school. Your last sentence, is an indication, that you skipped many of your English classes.

• ?

False. I used to get ten out of ten for spelling, everytime