Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

James Rickards, economist, says that he thinks many people are just going to "Drop out of the work force"..how it is possible?

for people to just "drop out of the workforce"? how do they survive? where do they live, how do they eat, etc? how likely? why?

ALSO, HOW DEPENDS , DEPENDING ON WHICH COUNTRY YOU ARE IN? EXAMPLE, USA, U.K, EUROPE ETC? VENEZUELA, MEXICO, WHY?

Some retire early, some go back to college, some fall back on their spouse and some become homeless.

And yes, the country you live in will determine what options you take depending on the level of welfare available. 

• Jas B

It is not hard to find someone willing to pay a person to mow their lawn, clean their house or pool, build them an extension, rewire their house, fix their car, do their hair, tattoos,  etc. for less cash than they would pay a legit business.

Many businesses employ people for cash in hand and save paying any tax or benefits, no questions asked.

There are many millions of people whose commercial activity operates outside of laws, regulations, and taxes.

Then of course there is crime as an alternative to finance your lifestyle whether it's selling drugs, extortion or robbing banks this has always been a path some choose.

• John

I dropped out of work force in 2011 when I god mad and quit. I survive on my stock market winnings and yes I paid capital gains. I lived in Georgia but now live in Ohio.