Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can i use the oil i have left over from using on my motorbike(Suzuki Gsxr750t) to use in my Merc SLK 230?

Am I able to use Castrol power one 4stroke 10w-40[4T] that I have spare from my motorbike for a Mercedes 2002 slk  Its only about half a litre i want to top my Merc as dipper stick shows under halfway level.apparently the oils very similar 

Update:

it says slk 230 6quarts oil fully synthetic 10w/40

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

Another Cheap Charlie.  Get some new oil doofus.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Sure. I've used non det.  straight 30W  in a pinch. Belter than Low oil.

Might wanna Change oil a little sooner than book says for synth.  Like, recc. interval for mineral oil ?

• ?
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

You should use whatever Mercedes recommend, but as a one off top-up it'll do no harm to use the half litre you have to hand.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

you can, but whether is is good for the SLK, I don't know. Can you not read the oil requirements for the SLK?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

1/2 litre is going to make virtually no difference.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Yes. You have my express permission. It may not be the recommended viscosity but it's better than running short of oil.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.