Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 3 months ago

Thyroid test said to discuss at next general GP appointment? Worried?

I had some blood tests in December as I had some dizziness when standing quickly and some fuzziness seeing at night (which went in a few seconds) I had some blood tests one was a thyroid function test. 

I phoned up yesterday as I’d not had any call letter or text etc from the GP about my results. Everything was fine but the thyroid result said to discuss at next GP appointment. I have booked one for next week. ( I would not have known it I had not phoned up)

I am very worried as I’ve never had any issues picked on previous blood tests and have no conditions. Just wondering if anyone has had similar things happen? Or what it could be? 

(PS I had been on a strict diet and was current 9 stone 1 pound and 5 foot 6, which my doctor said was nearly underweight I have put on a few pounds now) 

If the numbers are only slightly elevated, then its not an emergent situation.  He or she may just want to keep an eye on your thyroid situation at the present time.  Stop worrying until you actually have something to worry about. 

• Tavy

If there was anything to worry about your Doctor would have asked you to come In straight away.

If it was something bad, they'd have asked you to make a new appointment this week.  There is some useful info in the link, but don't over-think it.

https://www.womenshealth.gov/a-z-topics/thyroid-di...