Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

Should everyone stop eating meat?

Killing animals for food is barbaric and inhumane. We have a lot of plant based foods to eat, there is no need to eat meat.

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Eating meat is not wrong. The way that animals are being kept and killed is wrong.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. In my opinion, everybody should eat a normal diet that includes meat.

The only time a person should be on a special diet is because a doctor prescribed it because of certain health problems.

Nobody should be a vegetarian or a vegan.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

yes God put us on the meat diet after Adam & Eve left the garden as there was nothing to eat , it was heard to plant & grow vegetables , but now with the low number some animals going extinct & all the miss treating the animals we use for eggs & milk go through the horrible conditions they are forced to live in yes , now with more businesses coming out with vegan substrates for meat & cheese it isn't hard , I am a vegetarian not a vegan so I still was cheese & drink milk as it dose not harm the animal but I will not eat meas or eggs 

• 1 month ago

Meat production is incredibly wasteful of land, water, and grain for feed. Apart from any contribution to climate change, from the point of view of people needing to be fed, it makes little economic or environmental sense. Given the limitations imposed by climate change, we need to start using any available resources more wisely. Eating meat may increase your risk of dying from cardiovascular disease, while eating lots of nuts and seeds could protect your heart, a new study says. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.aam5324

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • F
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If we weren’t suppose to eat meat, God wouldn’t have made cows, sheep and pigs so tasty.

• garry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

why and put all those meat workers and farmers out of work , thinks you would be happy seeing the meat workers out of wonk and there families struggling , and how about mcdonalds , no burgers and no jobs ..

• 1 month ago

WRONG.

If all of the meat consumption ceased to exist and all humans, billions of us, had to only eat plants, there would NOT be enough food on the planet to feed everyone.

Areas with winter climates consist of short growing seasons that cannot supply enough fresh fruit's and veggies to it's region, so crops will be picked elsewhere, unripened to be shipped. Just like they are now...but, can that supply be increased tenfold to feed everyone? I think not.

The produce at the grocery store is VERY expensive. Often more expensive than meat per pound. The Farmers Market prices are even more expensive than the grocery stores. Families can't even afford their groceries, never mind the recommended fruit/vegetable servings per person, per day.

Animals are RAISED to be slaughtered for human consumption. They are not plucked out of the wild, into extinction. I think better farming/raising/handling /slaughtering practices need to be ENFORCED.

• L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Not eating meat is a fairly new concept.  Since 0000 everyone has eaten meat to survive.  In fact, more people have eaten meat than plants only.  Eons ago, families lived on farms; had lots of animals (to eat) and what crops they did grow.......were used to make money at markets.

Remember, even cave men ate meat.........they didn't have greens around.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

To answer your main question, no. Why? Because they huge majority don't want to “stop eating meat”. Humans are omnivores and an omnivorous diet includes meat.

You'll find this hard to accept but the fact that YOU don't think people should eat meat really doesn’t matter!

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Your opinion is not MY opinion. Keep your opinions to yourself-I am not interested. 

• 1 month ago

Slugs and snails eat leaves.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.