PEACEFUL HEART asked in HealthOptical · 1 month ago

When I wear a mask, my glasses are fogged. How to solve this?

• Shay

There are "anti-fog" cleaning products for glasses that work fairly well.

I have also discovered that if I place my glasses just a little bit farther down on my nose, creating a slight gap between my face and the glasses, I can still see through my glasses, but they don't fog as easily.

Clean your glasses with a drop of dish soap, and a glasses safe cloth--wipe clean--do not rinse the soap residue off.  Can use spit, the same way but not as good.  And make sure that your mask is properly fitted to your nose.  I try to pull the top of the mask as high as I can up my nose, and put my glasses as far out as I can and still keep them on.  I wear a mask and glasses in my profession, all day long.

If none of the work-arounds are any good, apply for a mask exemption. The reason being that you could easily trip over something and require emergency services and hospital attention.  Keep your distance, avoid stores that let entire families in at the same time.

A simple trick to get your glasses to stop fogging up because of your mask is to just pull your mask up closer to where your glasses sit then wear you glasses on top of your mask material. Your breath should miss your glasses when you do this. The result: no more foggy glasses.

Get a mask with a bendable metal piece over the nose to make a better seal

Stop breathing until the fog clears up.

• JASON

This happens all the time for me too. I just hang my glasses off the very end of my nose and look like a bigger idiot than just wearing the mask makes me look. I've now started wearing a smiley face badge on my mask so others know I'm protesting against it. If you start seeing these on coats and masks, or people on Twitter putting them on their icons, you know what it's all about. If you also disagree with it, do the same. Btw yet another story never mentioned on the BBC are the lockdown protests. I'll have to start keeping a count of how many things they just pretend aren't happening. Please give me another down vote 77th!

Plenty of drops sold for this. The ones we use to anti fog our scuba masks work

• susan

Pinch your mask tight in the bridge of your nose then put your glasses on so your glasses are outside the mask. 

Put on your contacts.