Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 3 months ago

How to make the best buttered noodles you can make ? ?

• A

I would think you make buttered noodles by putting butter on noodles. That’s the most boring food I can think of though. 

I would think you make buttered noodles by putting butter on noodles.

• You need to use egg noodles and a high fat content butter (85% is good).

My grandmother, a German immigrant in 1903 made the world's best noodles. I looked forward to them on holidays and at family reunions.

She would start with a mound of AP flour, make a well in it and break a couple of eggs into the flour, then use her finger to move the egg around in the flour, incorporating more flour until she had a dough. That would be kneaded, rested then rolled until it was super thin. Then she rolled the dough up and cut narrow noodles. She would reserve a handful of noodles and put the rest in a pot to boil something like two or three minutes until they were tender, then drain them and put them in a serving bowl.

The reserved noodles were then fried in a copious amount of salted butter until crisp but not browned. Then the fried noodles were placed on top of the bowl of boiled noodles, and the butter in which the topping was fried was poured over the whole thing.

Now that you've asked, I'm going to make a bowl of grandma's noodles next week, but I'll be using a food processor and an Atlas pasta machine. But I bet they will taste the same.

Alittle butter,salt and pepper noodle heaven!

Cook noodles. Drain. Add butter. Add a little salt if the butter wasn't salted or if you like things salty. Stir it in.

• kswck2

Other than noodles  and butter, what instructions do you need?