Would it make me a bad person to report people having illegal gatherings indoors in a Tier 4 zone?

The person on my street has had 8 people visit in their house to celebrate a baby born 2 weeks ago. They have done this twice, but it's against the rules. Additionally, the person further up the street is casually letting his 2 mates in for a drink which is again a violation of the rules. Should I report these incidents?

Or should I mind my own business? 

I can report it online, there's a gmp.police.uk website on google i think. You go on it and click report enter the postcode and address and reason. I assume, they won't instantly turn up but I believe after the reports made they will investigate.

Yes, report it. What's the point of having rules if nobody reports violations?  As for Linkus86, there is generally no legal requirement to REPORT any crime, and simply choosing not to do so (after the fact) would hardly make you a party to it, let alone any sort of "accomplice", since you didn't actually HELP them commit the crime.

As this is "law and ethics", there should be no question as to whether it is an ethical obligation to report others SUSPECTED of violating important health rules.  Of course it is.

• East

Yes, report them.  I follow coronavirus rules.  Coronavirus rules are for everyone's protection.  Why shouldn't they follow them?

Yeah theyre being irresponsible. If you saw a 60+ person mixing then its likely theyll get covid as the rest are all carrying a suppressed strain. Look on gov.uk site for reporting guidlines. Were masks worn, if no then mention that to neighbour, basically ya scared n dnt want anyone dying. If they all masked next time it'll help. Also its unlikely anyone there had symptoms as theyd harm mum or baby. Share concerns with neighbour is best way to help as this a human event, our emotions make us human. Also wear a FFP2 mask yourself as theyre better.

Reporting it now would make you an accomplice to the crime or at best an unreliable witness unless your testimony can be corroborated because you waited until the crime was completed.  A responsible citizen reports crime they witness as it occurs.

You MUST! It may seem like a person is being a jerk by reporting such incidences, but you're actually saving other people's lives by PREVENTING a potential outbreak.  Those who flout such laws may leave themselves open to conduct endangering life, etc. 

You need to do it.

[sigh] close ethical issue.  since, when they inevitably spread CV19 some public resources will be used [NHS], I would report them -- those are your taxes they're wasting and [potentially] a hospital bed that someone else needs they might occupy

Every breach of the rules is potentially another transmission of the virus, another COVID case taking up a hospital bed and for overworked doctors and nurses to deal with and even a death of somebody who might not have been involved in these gatherings at all. Always report these selfish bastards. The more of them who get fined the more the message will be driven home that their behaviour is unacceptable.

that is happening in every street in the country.

why risk them finding out ?.

if they don't protect a 2 week old they will not understand and may get hostile.

Doing your civic duty never makes you a bad person.

It's a pity there isn't a call line to report this on ,as it's common to most streets -- primarily amongst "certain age groups , classes and ethnic groups"