? asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

Why are vegans so obsessed with turning everyone into a vegan?

Hello there,

Why do vegans want to turn nonvegans into vegans so badly? I seen groups protesting in supermarkets, farms, etc. Isn't it a personal decision what we eat abd we should all respect each others choices?

It's because militant vegans have an agenda.

I agree with you that it's a personal decision, and that we should respect other people's choices.

If someone goes vegetarian or vegan for personal reasons, and not because of satanic propaganda dished out by PETA, that's fine (unless I had kids and it was one of my kids; I don't have any kids yet, and I'll wait until I have a wife first; even though I'm a straight man, sex before marriage is against my religion).

Even though I don't know of any mention of Satan in PETA's propaganda, I know their propaganda is satanic because in 1 Timothy Chapter 4, it talks about those who command people to abstain from eating meat - they have given heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. This is a paraphrase, but get a King James Bible and look it up. Read 1 Timothy 4:1-6.

I am vegan, and really, I don't care what anyone else wants to eat. It isn't my business. The people that you are describing are militant a$$holes that have no right to do what they do, and no place in society. 

Although I am, like my ancestors, a meat, dairy and fish eater, this is my understanding of the thought process of those people who do not use or consume our natural food sources.

Being Vegan/Vegetarian is much more than a dietary choice...it is about NOT wanting animals slaughtered for food consumption and eating and using nothing that comes from anything that was once alive or is a by-product of such.

Fair enough. I understand and respect their choices and would NEVER even try to convince them otherwise. 

Why should I even care what someone's diet consists of? Ahh...THAT is THE exact ISSUE that a vegan/vegetarian " obsesses" about. They protest the inhumane treatment of animals while they are still ALIVE!

And, quite frankly, they DO have alot to balk about.

They are protesting for farms and slaughter houses to raise the animals in clean conditions in areas where they are not raised shoulder to shoulder. They don't want animals to be raised in filthy conditions and disease ridden cages while being forced to eat food laced with chemicals so they grow bigger and faster and fatter.

It is NOT about actually ingesting the food ... it is about how the animals are treated.

After all, there is plentof VEGAN/VEGETARIAN food that is produced and prepared to taste like meat. I know, I went to listen to some live music at the Organic Cafe where there was a vegan menu with selections that stated " tastes like ... beef, chicken and pork".

It was then that I deducted it is not the taste/flavor of meat that is offensive...it is the horrible treatment of animals.

So, in conclusion, like ANYTHING that one feels is wrong...they let it be known!

Because they know for a fact that we do not need to eat animals and the animals that are killed would rather be our friends.  Why is that so hard to understand?  Perhaps you've been fooled by the meat industry who lies to sell it's products. 

What would you do if you saw someone beating a child?  Just wish the kid would stop screaming? 

It comes with their personality type. Know it all hypocrites. Soft and spoiled by that silver spoon.

Because you become energised with the diet

It's a leftist mindset, not a vegan mindset.  There are vegans who are politically conservative.  They made that choice for themselves and while they may quietly try to convince friends and family of its benefits, they do not get militant about it. Leftists, no matter what it is they believe, believe that all must agree with them or they are to be demonized, marginalized, attacked.

Yes, many people are "obsessed" with saving the planet for future generations. 

Why?! Is it really not blatantly obvious? Scientists tell us that rearing animals for food is by far the most damaging activity for the planet we ourselves have inherited. Along with producing cheap palm oil, it is the reason for the destruction of world's rainforests in Asia and South America (already done in Africa - it's called the Sahara): so that soya can be grown to feed cows and chickens in particular. Ok,10% of the world's soya does go to making tofu, etc., but this does not justify destroying large swathes of the Earth.

There are other reasons - as if saving the physical planet was not enough!! 

Lots of people are obsessed! With sex, money, food, power, alcohol, politics, sport...... but these are "selfish" obsessions. 

• kswck2

Vegans are sanctimonius about their dietary choices and believe Everyone should think the way they do. 

And the PETA nuts are even worse. As far as I am concerned, Anyone that protests fur and throws paint on someone wearing a mink coat, just volunteered to have the ever loving crap beaten out of them. 

Misery loves company