Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

How to act around condescending elderly parents and siblings (live in different state,) when visiting them?

Im happily single, no kids, and they talk to me as if i am a lost cause or i am weird.

I am the oldest sibling.

Im not there to be mocked

Green 666 by isotope rays is NOT forgivable; it leads to permanent hell. 666 is given with World Passport with no name on it (grey plastic card). Police 666 people on highways. Food stores and prisoners/insane asylum folks (released by the antichrist) 666 people too. Reject vaccines. Don't go into UFO to be healed by demons. Hide with Orthodox Christians to escape 666; leave all electronics behind so that antichrist's minions can't track you; burn documents as documents are from Satan.

Source(s): According to the Last Prophet (aka incarnated ARCHANGEL URIEL aka saint healer VYACHESLAV KRASHENINNIKOV) if the last descendant rejects mark of the beast, then his/her direct ancestors go to permanent heaven. To reject mark of the beast, one needs to hide within a 10-15 people group without electronics/documents. Documents are from Satan; burn them. Electronics can be used to track you and to show the antichrist (even on old broken unplugged TV set from 1970's using Tesla's ether); forgive me.

Act like yourself. If you don't like how they treat you, make your visits short and infrequent. If they want to know why, tell them.

• ?

The next time you are invited, decline the invitation and state why.

I would be flat out honest and say: " I prefer to spend my time with people who don't continually mock my lifestyle. The way I am treated by my family is boorish and toxic, so I don't want to subject myself to the ridicule."

Make NO apologies.

Change. Once a member of dysfunction changes, the rest have to, good or bad.

The most obvious is to stop visiting. To change how you react to their behavior also works. If you seek therapy, the first thing a therapist will tell you is that you do not have to be around your family. 

You should not be there at all. There is a pandemic going on. Stay home.

• drip

Stop visiting or make you visits very short.

Realize what you are going to face once there and let the comments roll off your back. Quit being so bothered by them. And if the visit are that upsetting to you, then stop going there.

No need to change simply because you are with people who choose not to accept you.  Remember, you are not responsible for the choices other people make so if you are truly comfortable in who you are, why change that state of being to make someone else comfortable and you potentially miserable/angry/hurt?  Enjoy being you.

• ?

just tell them you dont want to be mocked and be thankful you still have your parents and siblings around, i dont have any parents and just lost a twin sister

Act normally. At this point, knowing in advance that they're going to be condescending, do you really have to either react to it or be overly-troubled by it?