Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Do you think Biden will get a second term?

He’ll never finish the first term.  Harris probably already has her stationery printed.

I don't think he will run for a second term.

Biden has a vision for the country, and how to get there.   It is nothing like what the Republican campaign depicted, but more like Western Europe.

As I see it there are a few options in 4 years time:

Biden is blocked from his plan by Republicans playing silly-buggers in the Senate.   We will never know if his plan was good or bad, just that Republicans blocked it for the sake of blocking it.     Historically that has meant Republican wins, but if the public see it as a Republican roadblock of anything, then it might backfire on them.   Either way Biden was supposed to be a bridge builder.  the only Democrat strategy would be to elect someone who would steam-roller the Republicans, and hope that it does backfire so they are elected with firm majorities in the House and Senate. 

Biden Implements his plan, but it is a disaster.   In which case the Republicans deserve to get back into power.   The Democrats can not put Biden forward again.

Biden implements his plan, and it is a success.   In which case I suspect  Biden will retire,  allow someone else to run (President Kamala?)  who will then potentially get two more terms to keep the reforms going.

Trump won because he said that he would make things better for the average American.   He failed to do that.  He excited a lot of racists - overt ones and closet ones*** - and a lot of rich people, but it was all sizzle and no steak for the vast majority.

To be fair, the same could be said for administrations for the last 50+ years.  Although nobody skimmed as much off the top as Trump did.

If Biden can ignore all the PACs and lobbyists and interest groups, and actually do something to make people better off, then he - or more likely his successor - is going to have an easy win.

For the sake of America, lets hope he can do it.

***  If you say "I'm not a racist but . <insert racist remark>"  then you are a closet racist.  

• david

Biden will be the new FDR.  He will be elected 4 times.

This is something you should be asking in three years, assuming he'll even be there then. It's a pretty dumb question. 

In jail? Maybe, but Hunter will have to fill out his sentence.

He stated he'll be a one term president because he's very old and senile. So no I don't. The better question is will he finish his first term. I don't think he will. He'll step down in 2022 and let Kamala be the president.

I don't think anyone's gonna vote for some 82 yr old coot

Nope. But if Kamala tries to run she won’t win either. If Kamala is the democratic nominee in 2024 then republicans are almost guaranteed to win.

He might get a 3rd

Biden has already said he won't seek a second term.  

Try to keep up, Sparky.