Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

Do you prefer Marnie or Matilda for a girl?

Please also choose your favourite convo. Not bothered by the flow, these are family names which are more important to me! TIA.

Last name Stephens.

Marnie Emma 

Marnie Emma Violet

Marnie Emma Florence

Marnie Emma Kate

Marnie Emma Pearl

Matilda Alice Emma 

Matilda Florence

Matilda Emma Florence 

Matilda Emma Violet

Matilda Violet Emma

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Marnie is a great name.  That was name of Kelly Preston's character in the movie "Twins" (1988).  The name Matilda sounds like an old, heavy-set, female relative that you only see at weddings and funerals.

Go with the name Marnie.

• 1 month ago

TOP 3

1. Marnie Emma Kate

2. Matilda Florence

3. Matilda Emma Florence

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Marnie Emma . It sounds like it needs more sounds. Overcome with too many M sounds 

Marnie Emma Violet : Better than the above

Marnie Emma Florence:  I just don’t like Florence

Marnie Emma Kate. This one is the better one of all. Cause it actually flows . It might not matter to you but it matters to a lot of people. 

Marnie Emma Pearl. It’s only ok.

Matilda Alice Emma:  I’m sorry I hate how it sounds. Matilda Alice sounds better

Matilda Florence: sounds ok

Matilda Emma Florence : this is nicer with two middle names 

Matilda Emma Violet : the better of this bunch 

Matilda Violet Emma: . Don’t like this one 

Matilda or Marnie: don’t like either but Matilda is better .

• 1 month ago

Not Marnie. Marnie sounds like a weathered old waitress at a 24 hour truck stop diner. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I prefer Marnie. Marnie Emma .

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I am not a fan of Matilda.  I just think of the movie or a kangaroo and I dislike Tilda or Tildy as a nickname.  I love the name Marnie.  It's dated but still pretty.  I dislike the use of two middle names.  It just complicates things especially late in life when the person has to fill out applications.  Matilda Violet is cute.  I dislike the other choices.    Mot a fan of a name ending in an E and then the middle beginning with an E.  Marnie Kate and Marnie Violet are adorable.

• Kevin
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Matilda is much nicer than Marnie 

Matilda Florence from your list

• Moya
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Matilda Florence  is cute 

Matilda  Violet  

• 1 month ago

Matilda Florence is my pick from all those. 

• 1 month ago

Matilda, it feels stronger and more substantial, and I love the nickname Tilly. Matilda Florence (Matilda Violet would also be lovely). 

For Marnie I'd pick Marnie Emma Pearl. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.